||Help on LabWindows/CVI
- LabWindows/CVI 6.0 from National Instruments is a C language compiler that has a visual user interface similar to LabView or Visual Basic. You can quickly build a visual interface for your C program and enjoy graphical output and user interface without losing any of the speed, conciseness and power of C.
- When you run LabWindows/CVI, you create a uir file that contains the user interface data. LabWindows/CVI will create a skeleton C code file where you write your C code. Get LabWindows/CVI and run the tutorials to see how easy it is to get going.
- If you just want to run the examples provided on this web site, download the zip file, then unzip the files to a temporary directory and run setup.exe to install or un-install.
- C Source code is included for the interested but you will need LabWindows/CVI to compile it.
- LabWindows/CVI grew out of the LabView environment and it is meant primarily for interfacing with laboratory measurement instrumentation. But it works really well for building desktop simulators.