From My WIki
- Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
- See Cheatsheet for common editing syntax. Here are some markup snippits you might find useful.
- See the html to wiki page for conversion help if you want to import html material.
- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki release mailing list
- How to upload a file and link to it:
- Click on the 'Upload file' link in the toolbox area of the left sidebar.
- To place a link to that uploaded file in your wiki text, type [[Media:filename.ext | name]] where you want the link to appear.
- Enter your search text in the search box to the left. Use 'Go' to find page names that match that text. Use 'Search' to search for the text within the pages themselves.
- The search engine used herein does not search short words (4 characters or less).
- The search must be exact so searching for apples will not find apple.
- Search strings like apples oranges will return pages that contains both these words somewhere on those pages, ie it means apples AND oranges.
- Search strings in "double quotes" are treated as phrases.
- Type <ref>Joe Smith</ref> to get this
- Then add <references/> to the bottom of your page to generate your reference list. Look at the bottom of this page for instance.
- Consider using keywords to tag text with a keyword. Users can use this to find all articles that contain that keyword. The use of agreed upon keywords will help avoid the confusion that results over the use different words for the same thing (keyword, keywords, tags, categories, ...) and the use of the same words for different things (apple could mean a fruit, a computer maker, ...).
- To export this site to xml for backup or export purposes, copy and paste the following list of pages to Special:Export and follow the instructions there.
- Once you have exported the pages, if you want the info in html format, you can copy and paste the xml into wiki2html.
- ↑ Joe Smith